Tuesday, December 11, 2012

nothing new

i disconnected from the internet

i went to play cards

i turned on tv

my sister and her friend walked in

her friend asked what i was doing

i said i was playing solitaire

her friend said i should play it on a computer like a normal person

i said i did not want to stare at a screen all day

my sister said i was watching tv

her friend laughed

i went to lie on my bed

i picked up a collection of poetry

i read the first poem

i did not understand it

i reread the first poem

i still did not understand it

i put down the collection of poetry

i connected to the internet

i checked my email account

i checked my social media sites

i checked my email account again

i checked my social media sites again

i lied down

i stared at the ceiling

i thought about the past

i thought about the future

i closed my eyes

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one. It had a very real sense of alienation about it in the descriptions of the happenings of the day. Well done.

    ReplyDelete