Friday, February 1, 2013

a light scream for help

I will lead you out into the night
And we will walk
And I will think about holding your hand
But I will not hold your hand
Because I am waiting for you to hold mine
And I've been waiting on you for two months
And still today I wait
And yesterday I saw you sharing glances with a man across the way
And I know that I am foolish for clinging to the thought of 'us'
And these damn lines feel like a stale-used cliche
Because I've been talking of unrequited love for ten years now
And I just don't understand what it is I'm doing wrong
What it is I do not have
Because I have longed for longer than I can recall
And I am tired, I am empty
I want to be done with these feelings
With these sadly sagging passions
And with every day that passes
My heart droops a little lower
And I can tell it soon will spoil
If my burdens aren't relieved
But I cannot address you in a manner such as this
For to hear an outright 'no' would be a blight upon my mind
And so I'm dangling
Hanging onto the hope
That on one moonlit stroll
You'll reach out in the dark
And take my hand in yours

No comments:

Post a Comment