Friday, October 24, 2014

hhhhhhhhhhh

i disconnected from the internet

i went downstairs to play cards

i turned on the tv

my sister and my sister's friend walked in

my sister's friend asked what i was doing

i said i was playing solitaire

my sister's friend asked why i didn't play it on a computer "like a normal person"

i said i did not want to stare at a screen all day

my sister said i was watching tv

my sister's friend laughed

i went back up to my room

i picked up a collection of Jack London short stories

i read a paragraph

each word of the paragraph passed before my eyes

i reached the end of the paragraph

i did not understand the paragraph

this happened two more times

i put down the collection of Jack London short stories

i connected to the internet

i checked my email and social media accounts

i checked my email and social media accounts again

nothing new

2 comments:

  1. Very list savvy of how your day went. I can definitely relate to you on this front. Especially considering it is literally what I do every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ty. it definitely sucks to be disillusioned

      Delete